Top Major League Soccer Jobs 2022
Freelance Social Media Editor (MLS NEXT Pro)
Major League Soccer New York, NY
- Posted: February 15, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Salary: $52,000
You’ll work alongside the content team to help position Major League Soccer/MLS NEXT Pro as the most engaging and inventive sports brand on social media as a freelance Social Media Editor at Major League Soccer/MLS NEXT Pro. On matchdays and during the week, your responsibility will be to create and distribute social content (video, pictures, GIFs, text, and more) on @MLSNEXTPro.
If you are local to NYC, you may be able to work out of one of the MLS offices (depending on your return-to-office plan). During the MLSNEXTPro season, this position will work up to 30 hours each week. You must have the ability to:
- Create and distribute content for MLSNEXTPro’s social media platforms, such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, TikTok, and other developing platforms.
- During game days, evenings, and weekends, social media coverage and assistance are provided.
- For MLSNEXTPro’s social media channels, write compelling, clever social copy.
- Create images (from templates), animated GIFs, movies, and another visual content corresponding to each community’s user habits.
- Monitoring, management, and upkeep of the MLS social media networks on matchday
- Assigned more responsibility
- Working ability on all MLSNEXTPro match days.
- Knowledge of Major League Soccer and international soccer in North America is superior (USMNT, CANMNT)
- Passionate about giving people a great digital experience by listening, participating, and creating unique content Adobe Creative Suite proficiency + current access to Adobe tools
- A pioneering mindset and a creative spirit
- Extraordinary attention to detail
- High devotion to high-quality work, as well as organizational ethics, integrity, and compliance
- Ability to operate well in a fast-paced, collaborative environment Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively, both vocally and in writing
- Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook skills are required.
- Decision-making and problem-solving abilities that have been demonstrated
- Detail-oriented with multitasking skills
- Working non-traditional hours, such as evenings, weekends, and holidays is a plus.
Chicago Fire Soccer Club Chicago, IL
- Posted: December 21, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Salary: $35,000 – $70,000
- Address: Chicago, IL 60602 USA
- Remote working is an option. 1 week every year from any location of choice
- Hybrid scheduling and flexible work arrangements (upon manager approval)
- 3 weeks of paid vacation time upon hire 22 days of paid vacation time (including 2 weeks off at the end of each calendar year)
- Per month, you are entitled to 4 hours of volunteer time off.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, Supplementary Life, AD&D, Flexible, Spending Account, and Pre-Tax Commuter Benefits are all available to you.
- With a 3% employer contribution rate, you’ll be eligible for a 401k plan as soon as you’re hired.
- $1,500 per year educational stipend
- Employees who give birth are entitled to 14-16 weeks of fully paid leave, while committed partners and spouses are entitled to 8 weeks of fully paid leave. This applies to foster and adoptive parents as well.
- At our central office, we have a full game room, regular happy hours and parties, employee appreciation programs, and access to a full exercise center and rooftop.
Job Duties and obligations:
- Assist in managing player health care as a Certified Athletic Trainer.
- First aid/emergency treatment, on-site injury evaluation, administration of suitable modalities, designing rehabilitation and prevention programs, implementing rehabilitation, and providing physician referrals are all health care examples.
- Assist and track injured athletes as they recuperate and return to full health.
- Keep a complete and up-to-date roster of player health and participation information.
- Assist the Head Athletic Trainer in adhering to all MLS standards, including compiling reports as needed, recording and documenting injured players and their treatments, participating in MLS-mandated activities and programs, organizing physical examinations, and adhering to all MLS medical policies, protocol, and the Game Operations Manual.
- Work with the Team Physicians and Performance Director to provide health updates, seek medical advice and help as needed, and assist with managing and maintaining pharmaceutical inventory and records.
- Maintain strict confidentiality regarding information about the players and the Club.
- Demonstrate outstanding interpersonal skills to collaborate successfully with players, coaches, other team members, and MLS personnel.
- Maintain a safe, clean, well-organized training room and clinic environment.
- Other responsibilities as needed.
Licenses or Certifications To Be Qualified:
- Bachelor’s degree required in athletic training from a CAATE credible school and a valid state license to practice
- Current credentialing through BOC & CPR Certification
- NATABOC (or CATA) Certified Athletic Trainer
- In good standing with NATABOC and a member of the NATA (or CATA)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Athletic Training or related health care field, Masters Degree preferred
- Minimum of 3 years of certified Athletic Trainer experience in a sports environment, preferably with football
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills
Performance Data Analyst
AEG Los Angeles, CA
- Posted: February 03, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Salary: $60,000
The Los Angeles Football Club (LAFC) is an MLS soccer club serving the greater Los Angeles area. LAFC is dedicated to building a world-class soccer club that represents the diversity of Los Angeles and is committed to delivering an unrivaled experience for fans. LAFC’s ownership group comprises local leaders and innovators of industry with intellectual capital, financial prowess, operations expertise, and success in the fields of entertainment, sports, technology, and media. LAFC is invested in the world’s game and Los Angeles, constructing, and developing the 22,000 seat Banc of California Stadium and a top-flight training center on the campus of Cal-State Los Angeles.
The Performance Data Analyst is responsible for tracking and monitoring data collection for LAFC players. This role will support the comprehensive collection, storage, and effective data reporting to make critical decisions daily.
- Support the daily collection of data for both first and second-team players across different technology platforms used within the Performance Department
- Catapult GPS, Forcedecks Jump Platform, Firstbeat heart rate monitoring, OURA sleep data, and Second Spectrum are examples of data acquired. Before training sessions, prepare the GPS gear, paying specific attention to which first-team players are practicing with the second-team on any given day. After your training session, download and review the GPS data each day.
- Work with vendors and providers to troubleshoot issues or missing data. Look for ways to improve and automate manual processes. Help develop a complete data architecture by storing data in a centralized location.
- Create dashboards to gain visibility into the daily training load monitoring. Produce daily training and game reports for both home and away games. Other responsibilities as assigned by the supervisor or manager
- The individual must have the following knowledge, skills, and abilities and explain and demonstrate that, with or without reasonable accommodation, they can execute the job’s essential functions using some alternative combination of skills and abilities. A bachelor’s degree in a comparable discipline from an accredited college or university is preferred. Experience with a professional sports team or a related role of at least two years is essential.
- A strong technical (statistics/coding) background is required. Excellent analytical skills with a track record in data visualization. R or Python experience is preferred.
- Excellent time management and organizing skills. Ability to multitask and work efficiently in a fast-paced, unstructured setting with frequent interruptions and tight deadlines. Ability to deal with highly confidential and sensitive material.
- Ability to communicate effectively and efficiently in English, both verbally and in writing, by translating data material. Working hours are flexible, with the ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays as needed by the event calendar. Must be willing to travel with the team as necessary.
- It’s a benefit if you’re bilingual in Spanish. The Work Opportunity Tax Credit (WOTC) is where LAFC participates. Your responses will be kept private and will not bear your employment prospects.
- It takes less than three minutes to complete the survey. You will be given a code at the end of the questionnaire, which you must provide during the application process.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: LAFC is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic under state or federal law.